Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Crappy Blog

Luckily, the Mythbusters was a rerun so I could type and watch at the same time.

I was just sitting here thinking about this blog to date. The conclusion I came to was "what a bunch of crap". I originally set this up to be a rant space where I could go off on stuff. So far, all I have on here is a bunch of masturbatory drivel.

I suspect that this is, partly, a result of my new schedule. When I started it, I was staying at home and had a lot of time on my hands. That is never a good thing for me. When I have time, I begin to think. when I think, I start having ideas. When that meets with my bizarre need to create, I start new projects. Of course, it is very seldom that I ever complete any single project (that is not blacksmithing related.)

I’m beginning to wonder if this is one of those projects. Frankly, if it is, it has some good company. Right now I have the following projects pending completion:

1. Two short stories
2. Five (yes, five) different lines of jewelry I’m trying to explore
3. A stained glass chandelier
4. A stainless steel and chainmail lamp
5. A Twitter story that has stalled out
6. A 17th century stone bow (crossbow that shoots balls instead of bolts.)
7. Two different websites
8. A small D&D based strategy video game

Oh well. I’ll get to them someday. Maybe after I win the lottery and retire.

2 comments:

  1. I think a blog has to serve a purpose to work well. While it's okay as a project, it's not very good as a project on it's own. It's better as a means of reporting on your other projects and ideas regarding them. At least that's what I use mine for.

    I've noticed other blogs work pretty much on the same principle, whether they are political, social or whatever. They are mainly a vehicle for expressing the bloggers progress, ideas, and attitudes towards their projects/politics/whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be getting this blog back on point soon. Let the ranting begin.

    ReplyDelete